How to Stream PS4 on Discord: A Step-by-Step Guide
Are you a gamer looking for a way to stream your PS4 gameplay on Discord? Discord is a popular platform that allows gamers to chat, share their screens, and stream their gameplay to their friends and followers. However, streaming your PS4 gameplay on Discord can be a bit tricky, especially if you’re new to the platform. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps you need to take to stream your PS4 gameplay on Discord like a pro.
The first thing you need to do is connect your PS4 to your computer. This can be done using a capture card or by using the Remote Play feature on your PS4. Once your PS4 is connected to your computer, you’ll need to configure your streaming software to capture your gameplay. OBS Studio is a popular free streaming software that you can use to capture your gameplay and stream it to Discord. In the next section, we’ll show you how to set up OBS Studio to capture your PS4 gameplay.
How to Stream PS4 on Discord: Overview
- Discord Account
- PS4 Console
- Capture Card
- High-Speed Internet Connection
Setting up the Capture Card
- Install the Capture Card Software
- Connect the Capture Card to the PS4 and PC
- Configure Capture Card Settings
Preparing the PS4 for Streaming
- Enable Remote Play on the PS4
- Adjust Display and Audio Settings
- Connect the PS4 to the Capture Card
Configuring Discord for PS4 Streaming
- Download and Install Discord
- Create or Join a Discord Server
- Configure Discord Audio Settings
Streaming PS4 on Discord
- Launch Discord and Open the Voice Channel
- Start the Remote Play App on Your PC
- Select the PS4 Remote Play Window in OBS/SLOBS
- Adjust Audio and Video Settings
- Share Your Screen and Start Streaming
Additional Tips and Troubleshooting
- Optimizing Stream Quality
- Dealing with Audio and Video Sync Issues
- Managing Discord Settings and Permissions
- Handling Network and Connectivity Problems
- Ensuring Proper Hardware Maintenance
To stream PS4 on Discord, you will need a few things. In this section, we will go over the requirements you need to have in place before you can start streaming.
First and foremost, you will need a Discord account. If you don’t have one already, you can create one for free. Make sure you have the latest version of Discord installed on your computer or mobile device.
Of course, you will also need a PS4 console to stream from. Make sure your console is up to date with the latest firmware and that you have a stable internet connection.
To capture the gameplay footage from your PS4, you will need a capture card. There are many different capture cards available on the market, so do some research to find the one that best fits your needs and budget.
When choosing a capture card, make sure it is compatible with your PS4 and your computer. You will also want to consider the resolution and frame rate that the capture card can handle, as well as any additional features it may offer.
Once you have these three things in place, you will be ready to start streaming your PS4 gameplay on Discord.
Setting up the Capture Card
Install the Capture Card Software
To begin streaming your PS4 on Discord, you’ll need to install the software that comes with your capture card. Start by inserting the installation disk that came with your card into your computer’s disk drive. If your capture card didn’t come with an installation disk, you can usually download the software from the manufacturer’s website.
Once you’ve inserted the disk, follow the on-screen instructions to install the software. This will usually involve agreeing to the terms and conditions, selecting a destination folder, and clicking “Install”. Once the installation is complete, you’ll need to restart your computer.
Connect the Capture Card to the PS4 and PC
Now that you have the software installed, it’s time to connect your capture card to your PS4 and PC. Start by connecting the HDMI cable from your PS4 to the HDMI input on your capture card. Then, connect the HDMI output on your capture card to an HDMI input on your computer monitor or TV.
Next, connect the USB cable from your capture card to a USB port on your computer. Your computer should recognize the capture card and install any necessary drivers automatically.
Finally, open the software that came with your capture card. You should see a live feed of your PS4 on your computer screen. You’re now ready to start streaming your PS4 on Discord!
Verify the Capture Card Setup
- Open the software that came with your capture card on your computer. You should see a live feed of your PS4 gameplay displayed on your computer screen.
- Make sure the video feed from your PS4 is appearing correctly on your computer monitor or TV.
- Test the audio to ensure that it’s being captured and played back properly. Adjust the audio settings as necessary within the capture card software.
Configure Discord Settings for the Capture Card
- Launch the Discord application on your computer.
- Click on the gear icon located next to your username in the bottom-left corner of the screen to access User Settings.
- In the User Settings menu, select the “Voice & Video” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Video” section and locate the “Camera” drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select your capture card as the video input device. It should be listed by its model or manufacturer name.
- Close the User Settings menu.
Preparing the PS4 for Streaming
To successfully stream your PS4 gameplay on Discord, there are a few steps you need to follow to prepare your PS4 for streaming. Here’s what you need to do:
Enable Remote Play on the PS4
1. Power on your PS4 console and navigate to the “Settings” menu.
2. Scroll down and select “Remote Play Connection Settings.”
3. Enable the “Enable Remote Play” option to allow your PS4 to be streamed to your computer.
4. Make a note of the “Code” displayed on the screen as you will need it later.
Adjust Display and Audio Settings
1. Go back to the “Settings” menu on your PS4 and select “Sound and Screen.”
2. Adjust the display settings according to your preferences. You may want to set the resolution and screen size to match your computer’s display.
3. Configure the audio settings to ensure that the game audio is captured during the streaming process. You can select between using the HDMI audio or the audio from the controller’s headphone jack.
Connect the PS4 to the Capture Card
1. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI output port on your PS4 console.
2. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI input port on your capture card.
3. Ensure that your capture card is properly connected to your computer via USB.
4. Open the capture card software on your computer and verify that the PS4’s video feed is being displayed.
5. You may need to adjust the settings within the capture card software to optimize the video quality and ensure smooth streaming.
By following these steps, you will have prepared your PS4 for streaming on Discord. Now, you can move on to configuring Discord and launching your stream to share your PS4 gameplay with others.
Configuring Discord for PS4 Streaming
By configuring your audio settings in Discord, you ensure that your voice is captured clearly during your PS4 streaming sessions. It also allows you to communicate with other users in voice channels and maintain a seamless experience while gaming and streaming.
Download and Install Discord
To begin streaming your PS4 gameplay on Discord, you’ll need to have the Discord application installed on your computer or mobile device. If you don’t already have Discord, you can download it for free from the official Discord website. Simply choose the appropriate version for your operating system and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Create or Join a Discord Server
Once you have Discord installed, you’ll need to either create a new server or join an existing server. A server in Discord is like a virtual community or group where you can interact with other users. To create a server, click on the “+” icon on the left-hand side of the Discord application and choose “Create a Server.” Follow the prompts to set up your server and invite your friends to join.
If you want to join an existing server, you’ll need an invitation link from the server owner. They can provide you with the link, and you can simply click on it to join the server. Discord allows you to be a member of multiple servers, so you can join gaming communities or server-specific channels to connect with like-minded individuals.
Configure Discord Audio Settings
Before you start streaming your PS4 gameplay on Discord, it’s important to configure your audio settings to ensure a smooth streaming experience. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Launch the Discord application and log in to your account.
2. Click on the gear icon at the bottom left corner of the Discord window to access User Settings.
3. In the User Settings menu, navigate to the “Voice & Video” tab.
4. Under the “Voice Settings” section, make sure your input and output devices are correctly selected. Choose the microphone and speakers/headphones you want to use for your stream.
5. Test your microphone by speaking into it and checking the input level indicator. Adjust the input sensitivity slider to ensure your voice is clear and not distorted.
6. Enable the “Automatically determine input sensitivity” option if you want Discord to automatically adjust your microphone sensitivity.
7. Scroll down to the “Video Settings” section and check the settings for your video input device. Make sure your capture card is selected as the video input device.
8. Adjust the camera preview to your preference, ensuring that your PS4 gameplay is visible.
9. You can also choose to enable or disable the “Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority” option based on your network conditions and bandwidth availability.
10. Once you have configured your audio settings, click the “X” button to close the User Settings menu.
Now that you have Discord installed, joined or created a server, and configured your audio settings, you’re ready to move on to the next steps of streaming your PS4 gameplay on Discord.
Streaming PS4 on Discord
Streaming your PS4 gameplay on Discord allows you to share your gaming experience with friends and followers. To get started, follow these steps:
Launch Discord and Open the Voice Channel
1. Open the Discord application on your computer or mobile device.
2. Log in to your Discord account or create a new one if you haven’t already.
3. Join a voice channel in a server where you want to stream your PS4 gameplay.
Start the Remote Play App on Your PC
1. On your computer, download and install the PS4 Remote Play app from the official PlayStation website.
2. Once the installation is complete, open the Remote Play app.
3. Connect your PS4 controller to your computer using a USB cable.
Select the PS4 Remote Play Window in OBS/SLOBS
1. Open OBS Studio (or Streamlabs OBS if you prefer) on your computer.
2. Create a new scene or use an existing one to set up your PS4 gameplay capture.
3. Add a new source to your scene by clicking the “+” button in the Sources panel.
4. Choose “Window Capture” and select the PS4 Remote Play window from the list of available windows.
Adjust Audio and Video Settings
1. In OBS/SLOBS, right-click on the PS4 Remote Play source and select “Properties”.
2. Ensure that the “Capture Method” is set to “Window Capture” and the PS4 Remote Play window is selected.
3. Configure the audio settings by selecting the appropriate audio device for capturing game audio and your microphone.
4. Adjust the video settings, such as resolution and frame rate, based on your preferences and computer’s capabilities.
Share Your Screen and Start Streaming
1. Go back to Discord and ensure that your voice channel is still open.
2. In OBS/SLOBS, click the “Start Streaming” button to begin streaming your PS4 gameplay.
3. Share your screen with the Discord voice channel by clicking the “Screen Share” button in the voice channel toolbar.
4. Select the window or screen that displays your OBS/SLOBS preview.
5. Your PS4 gameplay will now be streamed to the Discord voice channel for others to see and hear.
Remember to interact with your audience and have fun while streaming your PS4 gameplay on Discord. Monitor the chat and engage in conversations to enhance the streaming experience for everyone involved.
Additional Tips and Troubleshooting
By following these additional tips and troubleshooting steps, you can enhance your streaming experience while streaming your PS4 on Discord and ensure a smooth and enjoyable stream for yourself and your audience.
Optimizing Stream Quality
To ensure the best stream quality while streaming your PS4 on Discord, consider the following tips:
- Use a wired internet connection for a stable and reliable connection.
- Close unnecessary background applications on your computer to allocate more resources to the streaming process.
- Adjust the bitrate settings in your streaming software to optimize the balance between video quality and network stability.
- Regularly update your streaming software and capture card drivers to benefit from performance improvements and bug fixes.
Dealing with Audio and Video Sync Issues
If you encounter audio and video sync issues while streaming your PS4 on Discord, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check if your capture card software has an option to adjust the audio delay. Sync the audio with the video by adjusting the delay value if needed.
- Ensure that the audio and video settings in both Discord and your streaming software are properly configured and synchronized.
- Restart your streaming software and capture card software to refresh the audio and video synchronization.
Managing Discord Settings and Permissions
When streaming your PS4 on Discord, it’s important to manage your Discord settings and permissions effectively:
- Set up appropriate roles and permissions within your Discord server to control who can view and access your PS4 stream.
- Customize your streaming settings in Discord to ensure optimal audio and video quality.
- Regularly update Discord to benefit from the latest features and bug fixes that may enhance your streaming experience.
Handling Network and Connectivity Problems
If you encounter network and connectivity problems while streaming your PS4 on Discord, consider these troubleshooting steps:
- Check your internet connection and ensure it meets the recommended upload speed for streaming.
- Restart your router and modem to refresh the network connection.
- Disable any bandwidth-intensive applications or downloads running on your network that may be affecting your streaming performance.
Ensuring Proper Hardware Maintenance
To maintain the longevity and performance of your streaming setup, keep the following hardware maintenance tips in mind:
- Clean your capture card and computer regularly to prevent dust buildup, which can affect performance.
- Ensure proper ventilation and cooling for your computer to prevent overheating during extended streaming sessions.
- Update your capture card firmware regularly to benefit from the latest features and improvements provided by the manufacturer.
Streaming your PS4 gameplay on Discord opens up new opportunities for connecting with friends and followers in the gaming community. By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you can easily set up and configure your PS4, capture card, and Discord settings to start streaming like a pro. Remember to ensure you have a Discord account, a PS4 console, a compatible capture card, and a stable internet connection. Installing the capture card software, connecting the devices, and verifying the setup are essential steps before moving on to configuring Discord for streaming. Once everything is set up, launching Discord, opening the voice channel, and starting the PS4 Remote Play app on your computer will allow you to share your gameplay with others on Discord.
To enhance your streaming experience, make sure to optimize stream quality, address audio and video sync issues, manage Discord settings and permissions, troubleshoot network and connectivity problems, and maintain your hardware properly. By following these additional tips, you can ensure a smooth and enjoyable streaming experience while sharing your PS4 gameplay on Discord.
Also Read: How To Get Discord On PS5